Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Meet Mayra!


At 23 years old, I feel lucky to have already graduated from school and be working in a field that I love. I owe a great deal of that to The Stewpot. Back when I was in high school, I participated in one of the children and youth programs that The Stewpot offers. The Venturing Crew was a great experience, one that opened a lot of doors for me. At the end of my senior year, I applied for and was given the Community Ministries Scholarship. Having that support allowed me to pursue my education and earn my Associates and Bachelor’s degree. As if that was not enough, shortly after graduating when I was looking for a job, The Stewpot offers me yet another amazing opportunity.  The chance to work for them as an Assistant Volunteer Coordinator. I happily accepted and now I have a job that I truly love.  I know first-hand what The Stewpot does for people, and now I get to be a part of that and help others just like I was helped. I will forever be grateful for all the opportunities The Stewpot gave me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment