Wednesday, October 12, 2011

phoneless. not hopeless.

Today we want to share some encouraging feedback from one of our Community Voice Mail clients. He receives a free voicemail number through our program.

“Good afternoon, this is Richard Sams.  Listen, I just can’t thank you enough to First Presbyterian Church and Community Voice Mail for providing me this number – it has helped me get into a veterans rehabilitation program, it’s also working right now as I’m on my journey for permanent employment for employers to contact me, and it’s also been a number for my family, by my family being out of town, to contact me and leave me a message if there is an emergency or if somebody gets sick such as my mother since she is in a nursing home now.  So I just want to thank you and I just pray that you continue this service – it helps get homeless people off the street and get employment.  It’s just been a blessing to me – it’s just been all positive.  I just thank you…”

It's hard to imagine that someone might not have access to a phone. So many of us are constantly connected to hundreds (maybe even thousands) of people through our phones - phone calls, texts, Facebook, e-mails. We forget what life was like before the never-ending stream of status updates and mass text messages. Thanks to programs like Community Voice Mail, people are able to stay in touch with family, employers, and health care!

No comments:

Post a Comment